--> Glasgow Museums Collections Online

Details

Name

Govancroft Pottery

Brief Biography

founded 1911, Scottish

Description

Founded in 1911 and located across London Road at the corner of Potter Street, Tollcross, Glasgow, Govancroft Pottery produced a vast amount of ceramic jam jars which it exported throughout the world. Latterly, it produced distinctive thistle shaped ware. The pottery was closed in 1976. On the site today is a set of modern houses called 'The Potteries'.

Related Objects

Related Natural History